GSZ44 - Four Source, Four Room Controller-Amplifier
Knoll's third generation of multi-channel, high-quality power amplifiers now has a four source four room model. Like it predecessors, the GSZ44 is designed to meet the amplifier needs of custom installed multi-zone systems where high-quality sound is a specific requirement.
Because the GSZ44 is a member of the Knoll Eco-Systemô family of products, it consumes almost no energy when the unit is turned on and in standby. In fact it is so efficient, when a channel is not in use it is shutdown drawing almost no power. This feature saves thousands of dollars in power and air conditioning costs over the lifetime of the GSZ44.
Each of the four zones or rooms can select any of the four inputs, with individual volume control, bass and treble. Extras such as an external voltage trigger that can turn source equipment on and off, individual zone infrared outputs, and many more features give the GSZ44 exceptional value when installed in homes and commercial systems.
Except for the power button all controls are rear mounted. A data port is provided for ganging two GSZ44's. Infrared signals can be relayed from the keypads to the source equipment.
The GSZ4 is controlled by MR40 keypads with or without Knoll remote controls or via RS232 commands from whole house controllers such as Control GraFiX.
- Four-source input selection.
- Four-rooms zone 30 watts per channel RMS (60 watts total per room) with an 81 step volume control.
- Excellent sound quality with class AB ampluifiers. Most experts agree class AB sounds better than digital amplifiers.
- Automatic protection circuitry.
- Individual room bass, treble and balance adjustment.
- External 12 volt DC trigger.
- Keypads can be individually set for 38 kHz or 56 kHz infrared signals.
- Virtually no programming; plug and play installation.
- Zone 1 has a controlled line level output so a larger powered amplifier can be connected.
|| 8 gold RCA jacks with adjustable gain
|| 50k ohms
|| Removable screw terminal, accepts 12-20 gauge wire
|| 30 watts RMS per channel (8 ohms). 60 watts per zone
|Peak output power
|| 50 watts per channel (8 ohms)
|| 4 - 8 ohms
|| 10 Hz - 40 kHz +/- 1dB (1w)
|| Over 100 dB A weighted (30 watts)
|| Less than 0.1% 20 Hz to 20 kHz
|| Less than 0.01% 60 Hz 7 kHz 4:1 (SMPTE)
|| 12 VDC on 3.5mm jack
|| 81 steps
|| Four stereo inputs to four stereo outputs
||17" x 3.5" x 11.5" (432 x 89 x 292mm)
|| 400 watts at 117 VAC or 230VAC
|| 17 lbs (10 kg)
Note: Specifications subject to change without notice.
RB8 remote controls the GSZ44 with the MR40 keypad. Each of the four stereo amplifiers in the GSZ44 can be individually controlled (power on/off, volume up/down, mute, bass, treble, and four input source selection).
MR40b rubber keypad inserts, 4 pack.
MR40c rubber keypad inserts, 4 pack